We comply with GDPR and The Data Protection Act 2018 which helps to keep your personal data safe and secure. We appreciate that when you share your data with us you trust us to look after it. By visiting https://www.emsindustriesltd.com/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our Privacy Notice describes to you:
1. Who we are.
2. What personal data we need & how we collect it.
3. What we do with your personal data.
4. Who has access to the data that we hold.
5. How we store your data.
6. How long we hold your information for.
7. Your rights and how to exercise them.
8. What Cookies we use.
9. Changes to this privacy notice.
10. How to contact us and complain.
1. Who we are.
EMS Industries Limited, Unit 7 Tunstall Road Industrial Estate, Knypersley, Stoke On Trent, ST8 7BD
We are the Data Controller when processing your data. Our Data Protection Contacts are Andrea Lancaster/Joe Meakin
2. What personal data we need and how we collect it.
When you complete our contact us form we ask for your name, email address and phone number.
We will only request personal data that is necessary for us to perform our duties.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
How we collect your data
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where there is a contract in place and we process the personal data in the administration of entering into or maintaining this contract.
• Where it is in the legitimate interest of you and the organisation
3. What we do with your personal data We will use this information:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us.
• To provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
• To notify you about changes to our products and services.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. Without this information EMS Industries Ltd would be unable to offer its services. None of your data is passed on to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If we would like to use your personal data for any other reason than we will always ask for your permission before we do so. EMS Industries Ltd comply with the relevant Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
4. Who has access to the data we hold
Access to the information which you have provided will be limited to: Employees from EMS Industries Ltd that are conducting business with you. EMS Industries Ltd will not sell your data onto third parties at any time however we may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets, your personal data may be transferred to a third party. Any new owner of our business may continue to use your personal data in the same way(s) that we have used it in this Privacy Notice.
As the Data Controller we only use trusted third parties to help us to provide our service to you, we have checked their Data Protection/GDPR compliance to ensure that we are happy to share your data.
5. How we store your data
The organisation regularly reviews its arrangements for physical and IT security, ensuring these remain aligned to GDPR and The Data Protection Act 2018 to continue to robustly safeguard personal data, protecting against its unauthorised access or misuse.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, can be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. The internet by its nature is a public forum, and EMS Industries Ltd encourages you to use caution when disclosing information online.
Personal data is processed mainly within the UK. This means you will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
6. How long do we hold your data for
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary for EMS Industries Ltd to fulfil the purpose of the organisation. The organisation keeps a processing and retention record which gives our specific retention information for each category of data.
7. Your rights and how to exercise them
Access to your personal data and data portability
You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, this is called a ‘Subject Access Report.’ This will provide you with all personal data we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions for example, you will not necessarily be entitled to access third party information.
Also, you have the right to data portability. Under this right for information you can request that your personal data is provided to you (or another organisation) in a portable, electronic format.
Change, restrict, delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Unless there is an exceptional circumstance (like where we are required to store personal information for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information.
You can object to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, we will delete your personal information within a month of receipt of the objection, unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
8. What Cookies we use.
Our site may place and access certain first-party Cookies on your computer or device. First-party Cookies are those placed directly by us and are only used by us to facilitate and improve your experience of our site and to provide and improve our products and services. All cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a prompt, e.g. pop up requesting consent to set these cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best experience and service to you. You may, if you so wish deny consent to the placing of Cookies, however certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third- party Cookies. By default most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up to date and adjust your privacy settings as required.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
EMS Industries Ltd reserves the right to amend this notice at any time in line with legislation changes. Any changes will be posted on this page. This Privacy Notice was last updated 25th November 2021.
10. How to contact us & complain
Should you be unhappy with how we are handling your data we would hope that you will contact us in first instance at EMS Industries Limited, Unit 7 Tunstall Road Industrial Estate, Knypersley, Stoke on Trent, ST8
Alternatively should you wish to complain you can contact the relevant Supervisory Authority which is the Information Commissioners Office: www.ico.org
Information Commissioner’s Office